ELIZABETH ARDEN CAREER OPPORTUNITIES > MARKETING MANAGER, PRESTIGE AND MASS FRAGRANCES
Location: Markham, Ontario CA
Requisition Number: marketing-20130128-MarketingManager
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- BRAND MARKETING: Develop and Implement comprehensive go-to-market strategies and marketing communication plans that align with global brand direction and local market business objectives.
- Develop launch and sustain plans for new products and/or brands, including fact based recommendations for volume targets, local market pricing strategy, distribution strategy, budget proposals, P&L generation and critical path.
- Execute launch plans and analyze results to plan. Successfully manage the financial operations of each brand managed (P&L, Direct Marketing Spend, ROI, etc.).
- Accountable for developing Gross Sales Volume (GSV) forecasts for financial planning based on past performance, growth targets and overall category performance.
- Successfully manage Direct Marketing Expense budget for assigned categories and provide 12 month rolling forecast updates for assigned categories.
- Manage the Canadian Line List and facilitate the business planning process with the Canadian Cross Functional Team (Sales, PR, Nat.Education, Finance and Operations) to ensure product information is disseminated efficiently and deadlines remain on track.
- CUSTOMER MARKETING: Identify and leverage customer-specific and channel marketing opportunities by prioritizing and capitalizing on channel, customer and shopper insights while linking to brand strategy.
- Work with Sales to develop and execute retail strategies and tactics that increase in-store presence, drive traffic to counter/shelf and increase purchase frequency of Distributed, Mass, and Elizabeth Arden fragrance brands.
- Understand financial implications of gross retail margins, inventory turns and retail on hands to achieve ROI targets on customer marketing activity and identify performance trends that can be leveraged during the forecasting process.
- Develop merchandising strategies and standards, innovative Point of Sale materials and consumer programs that generate strong sell through results.
- Work with US Marketing to develop and execute exclusive promotional product sets and offers for key customers and/or channels.
- Participate actively in the Seasonal Customer Plan process, including the development of Customer Marketing Decks and Product Presentations.
- Ensure clear links between Customer Marketing Strategy and National Education (Training) Plans.
- SPECIAL PROJECTS & FUNCTIONAL ASSIGNMENTS: Participates in special functional assignments that contribute to the development and execution of corporate initiatives, as well as team and process development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5 to 7 years experience in brand management within a fast paced consumer packaged goods industry.
- Ability to translate market and shopper insights, brand strategies and customer needs into best in class customer marketing plans.
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to independently generate insights from data and apply key learnings to future actions.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and display flexibility within a fast paced work environment. Solution oriented.
- Proven organization, planning, critical reasoning and problem solving skills.High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate, respond to and lead change.
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a constantly changing environment. Adept at multi-tasking.
- Must be pro-active, highly motivated, with great enthusiasm and a proven team player.
- Ability to build, nurture and influence productive, collaborative and communicative relationships within, across and outside of the organization.
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- High level of professional maturity and business integrity.
- Post Secondary/University Degree – Marketing or Commerce preferred.
Closing Date: Closed on 2013-02-27