ELIZABETH ARDEN CAREER OPPORTUNITIES > RETAIL EXECUTIVE- DEPARTMENT STORE FRAGRANCE GROUP (HOUSTON)
Department: Field Sales
Location: Field Sales Organization
Requisition Number: DSFG-07272012-RetailExecCA
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Facilitate all elements of recruiting and monitoring of new selling assistants, identifying training and development needs at an early stage in order to maximize performance potential
- Ensure the hiring of selling assistants is in line with authorized staffing levels/budget
- Effectively manage selling assistant sales performance through ongoing review and assessment utilizing the following tools: In store coaching, focusing on customer service selling techniques and clientele
- Monitor and review sales performance against targets, including unit sale and value sale. Monitor and review sales performance against targets, including unit sale and value sale. Provide ongoing coaching and training of Selling Assistants.
- Drive required growth in doors by developing and implementing tailored business plans. Maximize retail sell through performance by brand, store and account
- Review retail performance of all doors and undertake appropriate action and follow through. Launch new products and implement key promotions to agreed promotional plans.
- Responsible for the analysis of promotions and tracking of sell through. Manage and review reports from staffing agency to ensure accuracy and return on investment.
- Regularly communicate information regarding events, visual weeks, sales goals and promotions
- Maintain effective working relationships with all key store personnel including department managers, store managers and visual managers
- Conduct monthly retail and promotional sales reviews with store management, as well as seasonal presentations
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with buying office and store management on issues relating to stock, visual and staffing
- Follow up the execution of marketing activity ensuring that the merchandising guidelines are adhered to and that collateral, samples and other support is used to maximize retail effectiveness
- Uphold the Elizabeth Arden image by enforcing high standards of counter merchandising and selling assistant grooming
- College degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience managing people in a relevant role
- Experience of working in a retail sales environment with proven ability to achieve targets and to control costs
- Excellent leadership skills to manage, develop and coach individuals and teams
- Ability to analyze sales results, future sales options, promotional results and field team performance
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Sets and lives by high standards of performance
- Willingness to share expertise and information with colleagues
- Seizes opportunities to improve the business or work processes
- Computer skills utilizing Word, Advanced Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Undergraduate Degree
- Please send resume and cover letter indicating salary history and requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Position open until filled.